1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
i enjoy knitting with veriegated yarns. cotton, bamboo and wool make me happy. i find acrylic yarns very upsetting.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
i have some antique suitcases stacked in my living room. my needles are sorta thrown in there with everything else.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
i've been knitting for about nine months. i taught myself from books - god bless the library right across the street from my house - and i consider myself an advanced beginner.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
sure do. but it is so large it might frighten a secret pal.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
vanilla and amber. also, heady eastern scents like sandalwood, cumin, coriander, curry, etc.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
i love dark chocolate. any cadbury's chocolates. and red vines.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
paper arts, multi-media art, sewing, decoupage. i don't spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
old-school jazz (sarah vaughan, lena horne, etc.), sting, u2, folk rock, acoustic/classical guitar, alternative, classical... just no country or rap (unless it's french or middle eastern.)
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
green will always be my fave. but i'm going through a red phase at the moment. i can cope with anything except pink and yellow.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
i'm single and i have two cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
all of the above.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
bags, throws, shrugs...
13. What are you knitting right now?
some washclothes for christmas presents, a sock, a soon-to-be-felted bag.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
shoot, who doesn't?!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
i like circular aluminum.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
a who and a what?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
a few months old. i was working on a shawl that i think i'm going to frog and turn into something else.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
bring me halloween!! (and dia de los muertos - which coincides with halloween. how lucky am i?)
19. Is there anything that you collect?
peacock feathers, irises, dragonflys, china tea cups and saucers, tea pots, handmade pottery
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
i would love to work with some manos. books: knit 2 together, yarn harlot, socks soar on two circular needles, stitch n bitch nation.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
cabling bewilders me.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
i'm learning. i'm a us size 9.5.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)